February 27, 2011

New 2011 Scrapbook Pages

Hi again,
Here's another round of scrapbook pages from the beginning of this year.

My favorite scrap site, Scrapbook Daisies, held an online Valentine crop and these creations were used as submissions. And guess what? I was one of the winners of the crop! As soon as I get my prize, I will have to share that in another post.

One of the challenges was to create an altered item. I chose to create a name ornament for Cassius since I had a ton of extra paper mache ornaments lying around. The paper line is an oldie but goodie from Cosmo Cricket. The ornament was painted off white with the paper decoupaged onto it. I had picked up some really cute glitter alpha stickers somewhere and figured that it would be a good match for this mini project.

Another challenge was to create a layout with 5 requirements: Use a song title as the page title, use paint, layout must have at least 5 hearts and use of bling... plus, we had to journal in strips. I finally created a layout about us finding out we were having a baby girl. In case you're wondering about the song, "Baby Mine" was originally from Dumbo.. but the version by Allison Krauss is SO pretty!

Having had a little boy for so long, its going to get some getting used to in creating girl pages. But the thing I love about boy layouts is that they're a bit of a challenge because the color palette can sometimes be limited and the variety of papers available for boys is pretty slim. Again, this layout is about Cassius' photo shoot compromise. He wouldn't sit for his passport photo unless I got a photo of him with Baby Doggie and Panda.

On a side note, scrapbooking is an addictive hobby. Sometimes, I give myself a budget and go to a scrap store with the intention of buying items outside of my comfort zone. I bought this acetate Celebrate page about two years ago and I finally put it to use in my New Year layout. The images are from the New Years Eve celebration at Big Mountain (here in Whitefish, MT). I'm actually happy I was able to capture some good fireworks images because its been something I've struggled with in the past. For the challenge, we had to follow a "page map" or sketch and this was my take.

Another part to the challenge was creating Valentine cards that used non-traditional colors. This is the project I made and Cassius and I gave these to James for Valentine's day.

2 comments:

  1. Love everything you've made, and your blog looks really pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your projects! They are so inspiring! I am determined to get started with my scrapbooking this year, now that my baby girl is almost 1 and Bryn is 6...

    ReplyDelete