December 11, 2011

Crinkle Teething Cloth

Aria is a teething machine. She will gnaw on anything and everything to satiate her teething urges. Tonight, she made a break for some shoes... luckily, her big brother intervened in time and put the shoes out of her reach.

I call her my little meow-meow also.. because she has a tendency to kitty scratch everything. We call it her scratch test before she attemps to put something in her mouth.... not so great for our leather couch :-/

Well, I was looking around online for tutorials on how to make a crinkle cloth. I've seen them in department stores but, call me cheap, I didn't want to fork over $15 for a 5"x5" piece of fabric with ribbon. I had enough supplies at home that I could make it myself. The thing is, I didn't know what to use as the crinkle 'material.'

I came across a great tutorial while searching some blogs (Crinkle Square Tutorial) and made it tonight.

Here's my take:


I can't wait to let Aria play with it tomorrow. She fell asleep for the night before I was able to complete it.

Also, I want to add.. I recommend using a teflon presser foot on the sewing machine because the plastic gets stuck under a metal presser foot.. as well as increasing your stitch length.

No comments:

Post a Comment