September 17, 2009

What a week! New Card Creation

So, its been a long week! Work is non-stop and school is very demanding at the moment. This past weekend, we went to New Mexico and Window Rock, AZ to attend the Navajo Nation Fair. It was very rainy that day so I didn't get to shoot very much as my camera isn't currently waterproof. Of the photos I did get, I will share this weekend. I got some great expressions from my wonderful nieces and nephews. So aside from that....

In what little free time I do have, I participate in a card swap with some other very talented ladies. And every other month or so, we focus on a theme and send our batch of cards to one person who then sends one of each back out to everyone in the swap.

This month's theme that I decided to focus on was "Best Wishes." Though, my design is a little simple, I wanted to keep the layout fairly simple since I thought the paper designs were beautifully "illustrated." I didn't want to take away from the paper patterns. What better way to highlight them than with large blocks? Maybe its just me, but I think the cheery colors definitely convey the message, Best Wishes.

Here they are:




No comments:

Post a Comment